We are looking for Community Child and Youth Care Worker to provide HIV-positive children and adolescents with home-based, comprehensive psychosocial support and linkage to health facilities and mobilise clients for mobile community outreach child/adolescent/youth health services and support linkage and follow-up services.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Enrol and develop professional supportive relationships with children and adolescents living with HIV and their families, recruited at health facilities or through communities
- Mobilise clients for mobile community outreach child/adolescent/youth health services and support linkage and follow-up services Conduct HIV and TB risk screening as relevant
- Make appropriate referrals and linkages for children and adolescents living with HIV, e.g. nutritional supportAdvocate and uphold the rights of children and youth at risk.
- Attend stakeholders’ meetings including the facility/sub-district implementation meetings
- Keep records of all activities in terms of formats and/or guidelines provided.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12
- Qualified CYCW with an FETC Child and Youth Care Work
- Registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Have strong family and other support systems
- Competency (Speak, Read and Write) in English
- The following will be advantageous:
- Experience in HIV/AIDS and TB programs
- Experience in community child and youth care work
- Being trained in Vhutshilo 1, 2 and 3, KidzAlive
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Report Writing skills