The Data Capturer Role:
The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, Aids-free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) programme provides a comprehensive package of core interventions to address key factors that make adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) particularly vulnerable to HIV. These include structural factors, such as gender-based violence, exclusion from economic opportunities, and a lack of access to secondary school. DREAMS layers multiple interventions at once so that AGYW are surrounded with critical support to keep them safe from HIV and other risks.
In support of achieving DREAMS programme outcomes, NACOSA is implementing evidence-based group interventions to facilitate community mobilization and norms change interventions. NACOSA is looking for suitable candidates to support data collection, capturing and verification of beneficiary data related to the implementation of these group activities.
Key Performance Areas
Support the efficient and effective functioning of NACOSA’s USAID funded Community-based Violence Prevention and Linkages to Response award in the City of Johannesburg, Gauteng, by providing support in the data capturing department. These tasks include, but is not limited to:
- Capturing beneficiary details completely and correctly on a Data Management system
- Perform first-line quality checks on the completeness and accuracy of information.
- Ensure incomplete files are raised and returned for corrections.
- Assist with the management of hard copy files, as may needed, including, carrying boxes, filing, scanning, etc.
- Assist, as may be needed, with basic data validation tasks.
- Compile or extract weekly reports for line managers on the reach of the programme
- Participate in weekly planning meetings to facilitate improved data flow, capturing and reporting.
- Uphold and exemplify NACOSA, its vision, mission, values and objectives, etc.
- Matric or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- At least 1 year’s general administration experience
- High attention to detail and an orientation toward delivering high quality work
- Ability to work under pressure and work fast and accurately
- Ability to work in a team
- Target driven
- High levels of Computer literacy- databases, MS Excel intermediate
- Good time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Driver’s License with reliable transport
CLOSING DATE:24 May 2023